So this is completely out of context and utterly random, especially for this blog but I had a free morning….
I really wanted to show you how to make baked mac n’ cheese…if you’re going to be stoned I recommend smoking AFTER because your house burning down isn’t such a good thing…unless you collect clown porn…then it’s probably a good thing…
I’m a huge Alton Brown fan, so this is pretty much his concoction. I just made it dope by making it and alternating a thing or two…
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 large egg
- 9 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3 ounces smoked cheddar, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
WHAT TO DO:
1. Cook your pasta Al Dente style. (Al Dente is uncovered.) in a pot of boiling water for 11-14 minutes.
2. While that’s going on, melt the butter in a seperate pot, (a smaller one) and add the flour and mustard.
3. Whisk for about 4 or 5 minutes, texture should be smooth, not clumpy.
4. Stir in milk, chopped yellow onion, smoked paprika, and a bay leaf. (Alton’s a milk Nazi and you might think about adding a little extra.)
5. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes and remove the bayleaf, or leave it for someone to choke on, I don’t care.
6. Add egg slowly while stirring. Add sharp cheddar.
7. In a casserole dish, fold cheesy mix into cooked pasta.
8. Mix Panko Breadcrumbs with melted butter and top dish with it, as well as the remaining smoked cheese.
9. Oh did I tell you you had to preheat the oven to 350F? No? Well you should probably do that now. And while that’s happening, CLEAN UP YOUR MESS YOU DICKHEAD!
10. My mom’s totally reading this going, “she didn’t clean up her mess…she never cleans up her fucking mess…”
11. I love it.
By the way I did. I did clean up the kitchen.
12. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool before eating, or be pimp and say no to cooling.
It might just be me being weird but seriously, this goes bomb with Tapatio. What doesn’t? It’d probably also go well with buffalo wing sauce. But what do I know, besides more than you ever will in your entire lifespan?
I’mma blow this taco staaannndd…